We have decided that a boat is the perfect family machine. Our whole family can be together; the kids can't get too far away from us parents. One of the deciding factors in getting a boat was that we live only 5 minutes away from Lake Lowell. We can run to the lake after dinner for a few hours and not be gone all day. Lake Lowell isn't a very deep reservoir so there are a few weeks every summer when the algae surfaces and is too toxic to swim in but when that happens, we drive a little further to enjoy a different body of water.On this particular trip is was pretty cloudy and not the warmest day but we all enjoyed some part of the water. Sam took his turn on the wake board. Braden even tried the wake board for the 2nd time this summer. He gets better and better each time. Hansen doesn't love being pulled by the boat but agreed to ride the knee board for a little while and did awesome. Well, until the end, that is. He got his knee stuck in the strap when the board flipped upside down. Thanks to his life jacket he was able to keep his head above water. We were so excited to make some headway with him and that was ruined. He is back to being timid now, as I completely understand. I even took the knee board for a spin, literally. There aren't any photos posted of me because I spent most of the time trying to keep the rope from pulling my arms off. The pictures of that aren't so pretty! As for Maren and Ryen, they just come along for the ride. They like to sit on the back of the boat and kick their feet.
We have built so many memories on the water. What a cool way to spend the summer!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)




5 comments:
Seriously that looks like a ball! I would have a boat too if I lived that close to the lake. bummer about Hansen, I hate those kind of setbacks.
Ahh, I see your family has been up to the same things we have been up to lately. I think Sam and Andy would really hit it off if they ever had the chance to meet!
Boating is the best summer memories to have!!!! I remember so many summers out on the boat. Great family times. I do have to say that I am jealous of your camera, you get great pictures!!! We sure miss you guys!
Dude, you need to stand taller on the wakeboard!
Can't believe I haven't had a ride on that boat yet. Looks like so much fun !
Patti
Post a Comment