Hansen came home from school this September with a flyer to sign up for the annual Harvest Classic Fun Run. He asked to run in it last year but I didn't think he was serious and threw the form away. He insisted he really wanted to do it this year so we signed him up and Sam began running with him in the evenings so he would be prepared for the distance, know how to pace himself, and also be able to pick up the pace near the finish line to end strong. He loved the practices and looked forward to race day. Sam was very smart in suggesting that he wear bright-colored shorts so we could see him easily. He chose yellow. How smart was that! We could pick him out very quickly. We saw registration numbers pinned on shirts that went up as high as 604 and we wondered how Hansen would place with that many runners. I seriously got choked up and teary a couple times as I watched him run. He ran strong and finished with the first 20 to 30 runners (they didn't tear the tags off so we don't know exactly). He even beat the junior high girl running behind him in the last photo. I was so impressed. I think we have a Sam Jr. on our hands!.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Call me crazy, but I got a little teary eyed too...just reading about it!
When I grow up I want to be a mom just like you!
You are AMAZING!!!
I got choked up too just reading this. I took the boys to a movie the other day and I got all emotional watching Tyden because he was so excited. Love all the pictures of your adventures, you guys do get out and about.
Way to Go Hansen! We are very proud of you! Chris
Post a Comment