THE BISHOP!! That is so weird to me. We are a few weeks into the new calling and so far I have had questions like, "What's it like being the Bishop's wife?" and "Is it weird having him gone all the time?" And my favorite comments are the ones that can only lead to this answer: "Great, we will go ahead and take the campaign signs down now."The nice thing is that nothing had to change for us. He is still the same guy and I am still the same gal. Yes, he is gone more than he used to be but it isn't anything that can't be handled with a few babysitters. The sad part of the deal is that we both had callings we loved. He served on the High Council and worked with the Spanish Branch. He felt like he promised them the world and wasn't given the time needed to fulfill the promise. I am serving as the Enrichment Counselor in Relief Society but was told by the Stake President that I needed to be released. I understand the wisdom in doing so but I love what I do and don't feel like I'm really done. Maybe I can finally serve as the Assistant Librarian. I've always wanted that calling.
So far this has been very eye-opening. Our phone rings at late hours during the week and a ton on Sunday. I have greater compassion for any family that has already been through this. At the same time, it is also very spiritual. The spirit in our home is measureably stronger and that is awesome. But the thing that will pull me through this is the knowledge that Sam has been called to this position to help the youth of our ward. These kids need him and I can share him if he is needed that bad.
7 comments:
You're right Sam, oops I mean Bishop, is going to be such an awesome bishop for our ward. He already has such an amazing relationship with the young men, he is really going to be able to help any of them that need him (and any of the rest of us that may need him, too!!). And you'll be amazing "Bishop's Wife"!!
My dad was bishop when I was Hansen's age, you may want to give your kids a heads up if Bishop performs a wedding, I still clearly remember asking my mom where my dad was one day and she told me he was marrying some people. You can probably see why I was so upset at this news!!
Incredible! Sam's personality and people skills will be helpful to your entire ward. How is the new office going for Sam?
He is such a handsome bishop.
That's my Dawg! love you both.
okay... so that is the weird part Mash! So when I come over to your house its not going to be "hey sam hows it going?" now its "hey bishop... hows it going?" lol... unless at home he still just wants to be sam! lol... Hopefully people will stop with their own personal campain! :o) you guys are great... you dont need to be told, I know from expirience... you will follow the spirit!
Wow!!! You'll both be amazing!!! I love you both!
Ha! So glad you posted to my blog so I found YOURS! I heard from Holly Cook that Sam was the bishop! We shared a little chuckle at your good fortune! Just kidding... He'll be awesome. I know you have the right stuff to be the bishop's wife, too. Not an easy calling! Love you guys!
Post a Comment