I was tagged in Tara's blog and I figure I better do this now before I forget. So, here goes:
Where did you meet your husband?
Sam and I met teaching missionary discussions to a guy I worked with in Boise. The missionaries brought Sam with them to be a fellowshipper since this guy would be in his ward. Sam and I were both newly returned missionaries and taught a lot of the discussions. We both spoke at the baptism and Sam asked me out to ice cream the next day. There is a ton more detail to the story but that is the jist of it.
How long did you date before you were married?
Not long! We met in May or June of 1998 and were married 5 months later, in October.
How long have you been married?
10 years and 3 months.
What does he do that surprises you?
Sam never leaves his shoes, socks or other things laying around. I don't have to clean up after him. One of the things I love the most is that he mops the floor. He has mopped our floor more than I have.
What is your favorite feature of his?
His easy-going attitude. We get along great because he never lets a disagreement turn into an argument.
What is his best quality?
His ability to split his time between everything he does and still make his family feel important and loved.
Does he have a nickname for you?
We call each other "So". It started when I told him 'I loved you so' once. And it unintentionally stuck.
What is his favorite food?
He loves meat, potatoes, pasta and chocolate cream pie! He isn't much of a fruit and veggie lover. Mexican food is always a hit - as long as there isn't any sour cream, guacamole or veggies; just the burrito, rice and beans . . . lots of beans! Oh, and no corn tortillas. It's complicated.
What is his favorite sport? Basketball.
When and where was your first kiss?
I think it was at my apartment soon after the discussion about how neither of us wanted a serious relationship.
Addendum: Sam corrected me on this one. We went to see the movie, Hope Floats and kissed in the car afterward. He said he planned it ahead of time and parked at the bottom of the parking lot so there weren't many people around.
What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
We love going on dates to dinner and a movie, but we also love just being at home and watching E.R., a movie or listening to the crackle of the fireplace!
Do you have any children?
Yes, four of them; Braden - 8, Hansen - 6, Maren - 3, Ryen - 18-months.
Does he have any hidden talents?
Oh, lots. He can sing 'La-Bamba' in spanish, he has lightning fast hands and can strip a basketball away from an opposing teammate before they know what is happening, and he is like Jasper in the Twilight series - he can calm a heated situation through his ability to communicate. He also has the memory of an elephant. He remembers birthdays, anniversaries and Highschool math, among other things.
How old is he?
31
Who said I love you first?
I think he did but I can't remember.
What is his favorite music?
He used to like rap. Not the hard stuff but something with a beat. He doesn't listen to anything like that now though. It is more of talk radio and book on CD.
What do you admire most about him?
Tons of things! He is sensitive to me and the kids and he is extremely patient and loving. But the thing I love the most is his honesty. No matter how much he may be disliked or frowned upon he will ALWAYS tell the truth.
What is his favorite color?
Blue? I'm really not sure.
Will he read this?
No, he will wait until it gets made into a movie. He doesn't enjoy reading.
I am tagging:
Star, Darci, Lyndsay, Audrey and Sarah
3 comments:
I have lived with that guy my whole life and I never new he had Jasper like abilities. Maybe because the job of a brother is to annoy the sister. He is a complicated eater, weirdo. The part I remember about when you met was when you touched his leg during the discussion and he said he got shivers all over his body. Love it!
K, Mashell, I finally did my tag today - thanks!
It was great to learn more about our Bishop!!
hey Mashell!! I am so excited to find your blog, you have no idea!! haha.
its good tO hear about my favorite family ever!!
love ya guys.
hey come check out my blog!:
www.bridgetnielson.blogspot.com
Post a Comment