Sam and I decided to try and teach our kids the true spirit of Christmas this year. We did the 12-days of service with them. We read the Christmas story to small children, shoveled snow for neighbors, visited the elderly, purchased food (and our favorite treats) and donated it to the local food bank, wrote letters of appreciation to our teachers and other leaders that have affected us for good, and shared the spirit of Christmas through song to those that could use a pick-me-up. The kids kept a journal about their feelings and experiences. We began the 12-days talking about the gifts Christ gave us and we ended with a discussion about the gifts we have given and can continue giving to Christ. It was a fabulous way to remember the true meaning of Christmas. This will be something we do every year now.
1 comment:
I love that Mashell! I'm going to steal that idea for next year, if you don't mind!
Hey, I don't think I picked up my box of potatoes from you, do you still have them? The ones I was going to buy and trade off the cans for? I think I paid you for them already. Let me know when you have a sec.
Merry Christmas
Post a Comment