Sunday, February 15, 2009

Prayers, They Just Take So Long

Seven-Forty is the time we say prayers in the morning, before the boys go to school. Braden always volunteers to say it. I thought it was because he actually loved it. Come to find out, he likes to say prayers so he can control how long they take. One morning this week I told him I would like to have a turn and he reluctantly allowed it. I prayed for each child individually and listed their strengths in hopes they would feel loved and important. I prayed for our dear prophet, our ward members and the missionarys, etc. Afterwards we gave hugs, and said the familiar phrases of, "I love you, have a great day at school, good-bye, etc." They ran out the door to the bus. A few minutes later the boys returned on the verge of tears. Braden announced, "Mom, your prayer took too long and we missed the bus. I knew that would happen. I get to say the prayer for the next year then it can be someone else's turn."

7 comments:

Audrey said...

way to funny!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Hey, you and Sam were in my dream last night. It was great to see you!!! :)

blungren said...

Braden is so cool! Love you guys.

Darci said...

Oh I remember your long prayers. Oh yes I do!!! hee hee

Tara said...

That is classic! I love it! Sounds like something Makenna would say....

Claire said...

ha, ha, ha, way funny! Put a lid on it Mash.

Becca & Joel said...

That's awesome! You'll be so glad you documented that one! I miss your boys!