I was awakened at 5:30 this morning to the sound of Hansen weezing and coughing. It sounded like strep to me. The poor kid could barely breathe. Sam gave him some medicine and Hansen climbed in bed with us. I layed awake listening to him for about 30-minutes. Hansen has the softest skin of all my kids - it's one of the things I LOVE about him. I felt that soft skin on my cheek when he leaned over to say, "Mom, I'm going to be able to go to school tomorrow." I replied, "I think you will be going to the doctor tomorrow. Have you heard the kids in your class talking about strep throat?" "Ya, but I will be fine. I prayed so I can go to school.", he said. When I woke up Sam already had the kids dressed and gone (I haven't been feeling well either and Sam has been letting me sleep in). Hansen is at school. The Ibuprofen should wear off just after lunch and I might be hearing from the school nurse but that kid melted my heart last night!Tuesday, March 3, 2009
My Sweet Hansen
I was awakened at 5:30 this morning to the sound of Hansen weezing and coughing. It sounded like strep to me. The poor kid could barely breathe. Sam gave him some medicine and Hansen climbed in bed with us. I layed awake listening to him for about 30-minutes. Hansen has the softest skin of all my kids - it's one of the things I LOVE about him. I felt that soft skin on my cheek when he leaned over to say, "Mom, I'm going to be able to go to school tomorrow." I replied, "I think you will be going to the doctor tomorrow. Have you heard the kids in your class talking about strep throat?" "Ya, but I will be fine. I prayed so I can go to school.", he said. When I woke up Sam already had the kids dressed and gone (I haven't been feeling well either and Sam has been letting me sleep in). Hansen is at school. The Ibuprofen should wear off just after lunch and I might be hearing from the school nurse but that kid melted my heart last night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hansen is such a sweetie! I love that picture of him!
Post a Comment