.jpg)


We had such a blast this Halloween. I love this holiday more and more each year. Sam and I dressed up as Raggedy Ann and Andy. Sam didn't even complain . . . amazing! We had to explain our costumes to our kids though. They thought it was weird that we were dressed as dolls.
We ended up with a skeleton (Braden), Peter Pan (Hansen), a butterfly (Maren, obviously), and a devil (Ryen).The boys and Maren came home from trick or treating with 6-lbs of candy each. I have decided I am going to take our extra candy and seal it in #10 cans then add it to our food storage. There might be a day when we will be happy we didn't eat it. Eighteen pounds of candy is just way too much for small children.
That reminds me . . . I would like to do a study about the effects of Halloween candy and the flu season. I swear they are connected. Think about it, flu starts about the time of Halloween. In my personal opinion, the Halloween candy reduces our immune systems and they can't totally recover by the time Christmas rolls around and we eat more sweets. It is an awful cycle every winter. Anyone else care to share their opinion?

7 comments:
Your theory makes sense to me! Let's hope we can break the chain!
Where did you take your kids trick or treating! Wow, that's lots of candy. I love your idea of sealing it up, but we didn't get that much!! And, I love that Bishop dressed up as Andy - and didn't even complain!!!
You are the clever one! Where did you find such cute costumes? Candy food storage, great idea. If only I could keep the candy away from Loren.
I love it!! Jarom and Always dress as a matching something for halloween. it was fun to see ya the other day! ;)
Well, all I can say is my kids started in with the illnesses BEFORE Halloween, and its still going! Everyone says, "Well, when you have FIVE children, you're bound to get it all!" But it hasn't left yet! Oh, and I'm with Claire...I can't seal that candy in a can fast enough to hide it from Reed! Plus he knows how to work a can opener. Why is HE the skinny one, anyway?
So cute are your kids. I can't believe how big Ryen is. Wow has it been that long already?
Hey remember on our mission you always said you wanted a Land Cruiser? Did you ever get one? Just curious.
Wow, Mash! I loved catching up on your blog - it's been a while since I've been able to read up on friends! The kids are beautiful, as always - and I loved reading about your 10years together! Congrats! I know you will be blessed for Sam's service in your ward - wish we were around to see it all first hand... maybe then I could have dodged my new calling! (I'm just kidding abou that one - I know my family will be blessed too for supporting the new RS president... GULP!)
Your kids are so cute! I can't believe you baby is so big! I got your email and thought hmm, I wonder if Mashell has a blog site and was so excited to find that you did!
Post a Comment