
I purchased a sewing machine years ago for the sole purpose of using it for scrapbooking/card making. I never had intentions of ever using it for actual fabric. On the eve of Braden's 8th birthday, I find myself sewing patches on a scout shirt. I am so lucky I watched my mom sew a few times!
Having an 8-year old boy is expensive! Not only is there new scout attire there are new church pants (the others needed to be replaced months ago because they are WAY too short), the new set of scriptures and then which of those will actually be fun to open and play with?
The family is coming to town on Thursday for a 4th of July rafting trip down the Cabarton and BBQ afterwards. We will entertain them all with the boat at Lake Lowell on Saturday before the baptism followed by pulled pork sandwiches and root beer floats afterwards. I don't think I am prepared to see how much the food cost is going to be! But when it's all said and done we will be glad everyone came and Braden will feel important, as he should.
I am so proud of Braden. He brings me so much joy. He is obedient, tender hearted, smart and enjoyable. He really understands the decision he is making and feels that he is able commit himself to this wonderful church. He has a simple testimony that I love to hear. All this makes the sewing efforts all worth it!
5 comments:
Happy B-day Braden! Sorry we won't be there to help eat all the food.
How fun! Congrats Braden... and Mash! I bet you are proud. You have every right to be!
Enjoy!
You didn't invite us? Congratulations Braden, I would have to agree with your mom, you are a great kid!
Man, Braden is 8 already? Mash... seriously - when did we get old?
yay! how great. can't wait for my oldest to be 8. love that picture of him with his missing teeth and his cute, cute freckles. and yay for using the sewing machine for it's actual purpose;) you rock
Post a Comment